Monday, September 6, 2010

The Unicorn and the Wasp

My Dad came out to help on some basic maintenance on the new van. He was going to just switch vehicles and head back home. But we don't like to do things the easy way! (sorry Dad). We said our goodbyes and then saw that the driver side front tire was on its rim. Completely flat tire that then had to be changed before going anywhere. While my Dad changed the tire, a HUGE, GINORMOUS, EWH insect buzzed my head and then landed on my Dad. I first thought it was a flying grasshopper, bad enough. Then seeing the black and yellow and that... I guess stinger? Any bug enthusiast' out there? The hand in the picture to show its size, is Duncan's. I know, let the highly allergic kid place his hand next to it. (It was frozen at that point) Duncan said that he would like to, "run some tests on it tomorrow".

No comments: